Lately I’ve been trying to eat cleaner, which is pretty hard for me because I am just 100% a carnivore at heart. I even tried to go vegan for a while, but I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to soy (not deathly but more sensitive). I’ve just discovered a lot of allergies and food sensitivities in general with the assortment of elimination diets and food reactions I’ve had to sort through the last few years. (*currently testing out a nickel allergy/sensitivity theory). So going full vegetarian and vegan is a little difficult. But I am still trying to do the whole free range, organic, less animal products route. But I did discover some fun recipes during my brief stint as a vegan!
[ Tofu Jack fruit Spring Rolls | Jack fruit Sticky Rice | Frozen Smoothie & Sorbet ]
***I eye ball everything so I don’t really have exact measurements, but these are estimates. Experiment with the ratios however you like.***
Tofu Jack fruit Spring Roll with Peanut Sauce:
- Spring Roll: Rice Paper, Vermicelli Noodles, Fried Tofu (sliced), Cucumber, Jackfruit (julienned)
- Peanut Sauce: Peanut Butter (2 large scoops, tbsp), Hoison Sauce (1.5-2 tbsp), Water, Lime Juice (half lime squeezed), Soy Sauce (1-2 tsp), Coconut Milk (Optional)
Coconut Stick Rice with Jackfruit:
- Cook Rice in Rice Cooker with normal measurements, but add coconut milk (about same amount as water). ***Experiment with it depending on how much coconut flavor you want.
- Julienne some Jackfruit (or you can do the usual mango, I also like to add banana)
- Scoop Rice onto a plate and make a dome shape, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, place fruit next to the rice, top off both with extra coconut milk
Tropical Smoothie or Sorbet
- 1 Orange, 1 Mango (not fully ripe), 6-10 pieces Jackfruit, ice & water (or fruit juice – I like passion fruit juice) for some liquid. Blend. Pour in mason jar and freeze for sorbet or drink immediately for smoothie